When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BK V3 Black Sub has landed

Tribal

Hello Gang,

today my V3 Sub arrived...

Thanks BK ;)

but I'm a bit dissapointed...

I do not post Pics because there are a lot of them....

You are all right nice watch but.....

WM9 done a really bad mistake!!!!

The Crown sits too far on the Case,that means they shape too much material where the Tube is located...

This is much better on the V2!!!!

A nice watch for shure but with this flaw you can do nothing to improve it...

Maybe a gen Tube and Crown will do the trick,I will try to experiment about this...

The Bezelteeth are also not deep enough

Also the SEL's on this one are not curved enough in the middle, look a bit off to me too...

So after some dissambling of my V3 and V2...

I installed the whole Eta 2824 assembly (movement,Dial and movement holder) with no problem in my V2 case

Also the same for the tiny 2876 in the V3 Case

There you can see how small the the difference in Crownpostion is in real life...

It must be under 0,3mm or what ever ....

Can't see really much different in Crownposition....

I'm having a little problem understanding what you mean Tribal.

Is the V3 on the left in the pics? If so, I guess what you're saying is that there is less case material (deeper crown guards and the crown sits closer to the bezel) from the bezel out to the crown seat. It also looks like the case tube isn't countersunk as well- but that may be a result of less case to work with. Is that correct?

I'm having a little problem understanding what you mean Tribal.

Is the V3 on the left in the pics? If so, I guess what you're saying is that there is less case material (deeper crown guards and the crown sits closer to the bezel) from the bezel out to the crown seat. It also looks like the case tube isn't countersunk as well- but that may be a result of less case to work with. Is that correct?

Yepp,That is what I mean

Sorry for my poor english ;)

I agree that V2 looks better- and more like my gen 16800 (even tho a 16800 isn't exactly the same as a 16610- but they still use the same bezel assembly).

Here's a quick pic of my 16800- the crown is seated in the case at the edge of the bezel

P1000246-2-1-2.jpg

With the V3, it looks like the seat may be recessed.

Thanks mate,

but now tell me how stupid is that?

Much work for a new case and they claim they have a gen as sample..

How hard it is to make it 1:1?

The Sub is a simple constructed watch !!

Can't believe they didn't notice this simple flaws....

BTW the Crown don't fit a gen Tube also...

There are aftermarket Tubes around the web and they are way better...

I don't say its a bad watch,no its nice but a step back in my opinion...

That's the usual blues with reps. One step forward, two steps back.

WM9 has been phenomenal but even he has to make compromises. I assume this has been done to achieve the correct crown position?

That's the usual blues with reps. One step forward, two steps back.

WM9 has been phenomenal but even he has to make compromises. I assume this has been done to achieve the correct crown position?

No there is too much material off where the Tube is located thats it....

The Bezel teeth are way to small and they use a other shape at the bottom side as it was done on the SSD V2.

Visually the Bezel looks thicker but it is not...

I have said this weeks ago about the crown issue! As you say WM9 has removed too much metal in the recess. I have fitted a gen tube and crown to mine and it is a little better from the front but there is a small gap on the underside. I also fitted a gen bezel which was diificult to fit as the crystal retaining ring is bigger on the WM9 so a bit of shaving was required until I find a gen retainer. Im sorry I cannot provide pics guys as my camera is not yet fixed but I will.

I have converted my LV back to Black with gen dial, gen bezel, gen crystal anbd gen crown/tube combo. I will post pics soon to show.

BTW THe gen bezel has a more rounded top showing a smooth edge where it meets the insert and much bigger teeth than WM9's. Width and height are the same.

On mine V3 the Gen Insert is loose

On my V2 Case the shaved gen Insert snaps in.

I also installed a gen Crystal and gen Tube and Crown on it.

For this small difference in Crown height it's not worth to Mod the

V3. As i told before I installed the 2824 in my V2 with no problem.

Will Post some Pics of this one the days.

I have been looking at the pics, on this board, for the past few days and have to agree with Tribal on one thing...the vertical crown position. There have been several that have posted pics of the V3 implementation of the crown position and I do understand, however, I can't see what the hoopla is about. I have an MBK sub that I frankened and in looking at the pics I have held my sub up to the pics and for the life of me, I can't see enough difference to talk about. Like Tribal said, .3mm...maybe. .3mm is larger than a human hair, but, come on. The only perfect ones are at the AD.

100_2307.jpg

And this pic is not laying flat down.

MT