When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC Overseas Deep Stream 47040/000W-9500

redwatch

Vacheron Constantin is one of the oldest, continuously operating swiss manufacturers of watches. They have been in business since 1755. One of VC's biggest claims to fame is the hiring of Georges-Auguste Leschot in 1839. Leschot essentially pioneered serial production of their watches (along the lines of what Henry Ford did with the automobile assembly line) enabling VC to mass produce a very high quality movement in a shorter period of time to their competitors.

In 1996, Vacheron Constantin was purchased by Richemont, which also runs Jaeger LeCoultre, IWC, Lange, Cartier, Baume and Mercier, Piaget, and Panerai. It was during this phase that VC developed the Overseas line of sports watches. Before the Overseas, VC had made two other attempts to develop a sports watch. The first one was the Phidias and the second was the 222. Both lines did not take very well at all.

The Overses comes in a wide variety of choices. There are five different sizes - 30mm, 34mm, 37mm, 40mm and the 42mm. There are at least 5 different dial choices. You can get the watches in either 18k gold or Stainless Steel.

The Deep Stream is a unique model of the watch which comes in the standard watch, a Dual Time model and a Chronograph. What makes the Deep Stream unique is the grey anthracite dial and the bead blasted titanium bezel.

Here are a couple of pictures of the gen watch:

47040-000m-9500.jpg

47040-000m-9500-alt2.jpg

The replica. I have to say, this is by far the most accurate rep I have ever seen or handled. It is just stunning. I wish the pictures could really capture the quality of this watch. I will just let the pictures I did take do the rest of the talking:

75b1824d.jpg

27c95be4.jpg

9d9b3807.jpg

26320874.jpg

bfbb8352.jpg

45d208c1.jpg

6dfc5730.jpg

4e434018.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

hey Stace...its a stunner...wear it well...

and this one is 42mm, right?!...the date font looks very Breitling-like...the gen looks to be closer to eta...interesting...what's the movement?...

wondering if the date window "molding" is applied...if so, removing it would make this piece that much more accurate...

dibs, btw... ;)

Sorry to be the troll here, but I do like it when the back of the watch is as good as the front.

It seems to me that the ship on the case back is getting more and more bland as time goes by.

Look at this one for comparison:

001.jpg

That is the old Arabic Numbers version. And yes, it is a rep.

I hope they will make a new version where they will pay attention to the back as much as to the front.

That is the old Arabic Numbers version. And yes, it is a rep.

I hope they will make a new version where they will pay attention to the back as much as to the front.

Is that my old one? The arabic numbers VC overseas was also an impressive rep! The only issue I had with it was the bracelet was crap. Impossible to re-size and impossible to find extra links.

Had the gen on my wrist in a watch shop in Vegas this weekend. It's a stunning piece IRL ... :)

@Tom --> did the gen have double AR?...or any AR?...tough to tell in the gen pix i've seen...

@Anyone --> pls see questions above...

@Red --> let's see it on the dark gray strap... ;)

Is that my old one? The arabic numbers VC overseas was also an impressive rep! The only issue I had with it was the bracelet was crap. Impossible to re-size and impossible to find extra links.

Unfortunately it is not. As I remember it, yours was a modded version.

Considering sending if off to Goin for lume and AR as well, but the bracelet issues (it is also not that smooth) has so far held me back.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few issues with this vs gen (loupe police alert):

1. On the inner bezel (whats the right word for this piece of the watch?), you'll see that the minute numerals are larger on gen than rep

2. The datewheel cutout on the gen doesn't seem to have a surround.

3. The indices on the rep seem to be thicker than those on the gen (same way that those on the rolex DSSD reps are thicker).

But I've never seen one of these in the wild (and I've seen virtually every other brand; the Middle East is pretty good for watch-spotting), so apart from hotspots like Vegas, I think you're never going to get called out.

Is there ANY dealer with this in stock? Its gorgeous! You never even see this for sale on the forums