When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The ETA Swiss case set with a SA3135: Wonderful :)

chefcook

Hi,

After seeing the SA3135 and reading the first positive reviews I decided it is time to use some of the stuff in the parts bin.

This is the result:

• ETA Swiss case
  • SA3135 movement
  • SA3135 hands - the gen hands don't fit :angry2:
  • gen Superluminova dial
  • gen Superluminova bezel
  • gen date wheel
  • gen 703 crown and tube
  • gen crystal and gaskets
  • chinese rep bracelet - a better one is in process...

So far it is a lovely watch IMO. Sean's case set is stunning and really worth every penny! The bracelet coming with the case set did not arrive yet (he send it separately) and I am really excited how it will look like. If it is as good as the rest of the case - woohooo!

The case really is 1:1. All gen parts fit without any work to them, the crown guards are perfect out of the box. A real pleasure :)

img_1115igxfc.jpg

img_1117u8af1.jpg

img_1118hjzai.jpg

img_1119ujacg.jpg

img_1121daldq.jpg

img_112384bth.jpg

And: Yes, the hands are incorrect LV hands. I had a brand new genuine Superluminova hand set just to find out that it does not fit the SA3135. Guess I'll have to find matching LN hands fitting the SA3135 movement now...

Put her on one of Josh's rep Rubber B straps and you've got a perfect watch for summer B) (it'll be here sooner than you think!)

Was the date window properly aligned, before you swapped dials? It looked too far to the left in the site photos.

Edited by japanic

The date window with the original SA3135 dial looked very good, too.

Maybe I'll spend the extra cash on a genuine RubberB strap. My wrists are actually rather small at around 6.75", so I assume that the replication of the long RubberB strap is a tad too long to be comfortable.

Andy: I already started a thread in Puretime's Forum on RG and wrote Angus. Let's see what he has to say. From my experience with him I think he just relied on what his suppliers told him and did not consciously false advertise it as taking genuine hands.

Maybe I'll spend the extra cash on a genuine RubberB strap. My wrists are actually rather small at around 6.75", so I assume that the replication of the long RubberB strap is a tad too long to be comfortable.

I actually have the same small wrist problem. One will have to cut the ends of the strap in order for a proper fit. 50 euros vs 168 may make the cutting a bit easier...

Nice work! I am super jealous! I have a very similar build going on at the moment. Sean is super to work with and the case is top notch.

I can tell you that the bracelet from Sean is nice but is not without flaws. The back of the sel is not machined correctly, and the mid links are not tight like gen or even the noob bracelet. The clasp is well made, but the holes for the adjustment are not large enough to accept a gen pin ( the one with the dimple).

I tried to machine the back of the sel to be correct but it's so hard to get at the metal correctly. I believe the back is like the v1 wm9 bracelet.

Regardless, amazing piece! Wear her well!

The case the SA3135 comes with is just a normal CN Sub case. Nothing special, neither better or worse than any $180 CN Submariner.

Dial and hands though are not that bad actually and the lume is about 95% of the genuine article. I'd say you'd get a pretty decent watch already by using dial and hands that come with the SA3135.

Best Case I've seen in the last decades!!! Better then WM9 and TW for shure. Bezel looks much better. Great work and fantastic look I hate u. I think I must order the Set. Thanks for the Info. By the way you have a nice 703 Vintage Crown installed.

Yep, nice touch on the 24-703 crown. :)

By the way you have a nice 703 Vintage Crown installed.

Shouldn't be that vintage as I got it brand new in a modern (meaning closed plastic blister with RFID chip) packaging.

What did you spend on it so far? and where do you get all the gen parts?

- Case Set $460

- Watch with SA3135 $398

- Dial $260

- Hands $130

- Crown, Tube, Spring Bars and all case gaskets $180

- Crystal $140

- Date Wheel $45

- Bezel Insert $120

So roughly $1733 so far.

For parts I have my secret sources...