When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Perfect Clone's Planet Ocean

WetWork

Excellent review WetWork, Joshua is indeed the man.

Finally caved and paid for someone to adjust the band on mine to my [censored]-like wrists, I don't think it'll be an everyday watch to be honest, but it fits nicely under French-cuffed shirts, so that's a plus. Any recommendations on a thinner watch for every-day wear?

Funny story, the guy who was doing the adjustment said "That's a really nice watch mate, did you buy that yourself or was it a gift?"

"Uh, yeah, a gift."

He probably doesn't see too many POs, but nice to know it has at least a passing resemblance to the real deal.

I tried to register for RepGeek so I could buy this watch.

Days after registering and waiting to be verified by an admin, I messaged them that I had a problem with the account and never got the verification email (if they even send one) now days after that... I still have no word from them.

Let's make sure to keep everything locked down and secret so people can't even view the page if not a member, then make joining a total hassle.

Unfortunately your registration at RepGeek.com did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry, RepGeek.com

WHAT A JOKE.

What we're these requirements?

I would be really happy, if I was the guy who could have sold this watch. Thanks for saving me $750.

There were requirements? And I passed? Yay! ;)

All joking aside - that sucks. If you still want in, show them your review and they will let you in for sure.

I dont think that he is WetWork who wrote review.This is different acc.

No, this is the same one. The other account doesn't load the pages worth a damn. There is something wonky with it. I don't have the same issue with the new account, so who knows what's up with it.

Ask admins to check your main acc or try that bigger acc on different browser.

I tried it on different browsers & even different computers.

The only thing I have to" complain" about is the lume, which is another reason why I was going to get that Franken 45mm. I tested it last night, and it was faintly visible for 2 hours. I just wish it was brighter.

That said, Joshua informed me that a new 45mm PO is coming out shortly, so I would like to check that out.

Really? the new PO or the same one?

Apparently the new ceramic display-case-back 8500 rep version :D, something tells me it won't be up to much unless they at the very least use the 'improvements' they've used in other reps and combine them into this one in one go, which we know never happens in the rep world....it takes several versions before they get it semi-right! We'll wait and see, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

Saying that, if they used the 8500 decorated selitta sw200 like they do on the rep constellations and combine that with a decent-ish ceramic bezel (like they can do on subs) and then use the improvements they've made on the dials of the latest smp chrono (raised omega logo, no happy feet) and the matte dial of the PO 5th gen, with 5th gen pearl...then it might be buyable :D

Rep sw200 attempt at decorating the 8500 coaxial:

OMG-2010-11-20-01-07_enl.jpg

Apparently the new ceramic display-case-back 8500 rep version :D, something tells me it won't be up to much unless they at the very least use the 'improvements' they've used in other reps and combine them into this one in one go, which we know never happens in the rep world....it takes several versions before they get it semi-right! We'll wait and see, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

Saying that, if they used the 8500 decorated selitta sw200 like they do on the rep constellations and combine that with a decent-ish ceramic bezel (like they can do on subs) and then use the improvements they've made on the dials of the latest smp chrono (raised omega logo, no happy feet) and the matte dial of the PO 5th gen, with 5th gen pearl...then it might be buyable :D

Rep sw200 attempt at decorating the 8500 coaxial:

Got it.

Seen that watch the other day at AD shop. The dial is amazing, as well as the movement.

If they will try to replicate this I'm definitely not holding my breath. Putting open case aside (a big no no. no way to rep the co-axial anyway), the dial will be very difficult to replicate. I don't know what omega did with that watch, high end polish or special metals or whatever, but I've never seen an Omega with such a high quality dial and bezel. It will take many many rounds of production to get it right, if it's even possible.

• Like 1

Got it.

Seen that watch the other day at AD shop. The dial is amazing, as well as the movement.

If they will try to replicate this I'm definitely not holding my breath. Putting open case aside (a big no no. no way to rep the co-axial anyway), the dial will be very difficult to replicate. I don't know what omega did with that watch, high end polish or special metals or whatever, but I've never seen an Omega with such a high quality dial and bezel. It will take many many rounds of production to get it right, if it's even possible.

It looks stunning I agree, It is amazing in the flesh and the attention to fine detail and finishing is amazing, the dial really pops and the movement finishing is truly a work of art...I agree, not sure we will ever really see this repped to anywhere near a passable standard as the 4th and 5th gen were. It will be interesting to see what they do, and if they can eventually get a correct 1:1 case size to gen with a sw200 in it or something!

At this stage even from a frankeners perspective we are even unsure if parts will be readily available for these as it was with the previous PO or what would fit, it's a whole new ballgame with an inhouse movement...I think even if gen parts became available and could be fit in a decent rep case they will be way too expensive...£500 for a bezel and £400 for a dial....frankeners nightmare :D

I was actually kinda hoping they would have a run with the old(er) UPO. Solve it's problems and have it up to the 42's standards.

Yeah that would be nice, I think they may be done with the 'old' PO now, but you'd never know....I'd say they are at a stage where they've milked it for all its worth, but they will probably be available in their current version as reps for quite a while.

I think they are looking for the new 'super dooper ceramic 1:1 V1 PO' money now :D

• Like 1

Lol!

One Full!!!! Year in the making!!!!!!!!!!!! 1:1 V1 as per gen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Ultimate version.. Completely different watch than earlier V0.56. This is the best there is and ever will be...Correct Omega Logo...No Happy Feet did you hear me ...No Happy Feet!

:D

• Like 2

Hey Cougar, if you're at RepGeek and happen to think of it, PM the guy with the Franken my info, or tell him to come on over here. I am still thinking I want to buy it. I think I'm over my Breitling phase.

sorry man afraid its sold!

Edited by chou

sorry man afraid its sold!

Yeah, sorry it's sold wetwork, I would've done it sooner, but I thought that nobody was interested as their was no response on thread here after I mentioned it, for a few days even, I just assumed everybody was appy with the reps. It seems it was a good price, considering, even with the crown tube issue...which was fixable relatively cheaply. I'll let you know if I see anymore at a good price ;)