When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Noob-mariner 16610 Black from Narikaa

justlounging

I recently acquired the black 16610 Noob-mariner from Reg and he truly is a gentleman..He stands by his products and needless to say, the transaction was smooth and hassle-free..paid on Friday, received the following Friday..

The way the watch was wrapped, it was totally overboard..let me describe..the watch was first wrapped in its clear plastic, then placed in a clear ziplock..this was then placed into a cloth bag with a piece of cardboard inserted in the bracelet..This was then placed with a piece of softcloth and then wrapped in a brown envelope..

The envelope was then folded down and placed into another envelope lined with bubble wrap..what i like about this is the brown envelope was lined with double sized tape so that it would stick to the bubble wrap lining and thus prevent movement during shipping..ingenious Reg!! :D

Ok enough with the wrapping, onto the watch.. :rolleyes:

No need to mention any further about the Noob other than this is the M series with Rehaut engraving..

I applied the basic mods illustrated in sneed12's tutorial (link: [url ) and here is the almost final product..

p1050658t.jpg

With Round "S"

p1050666p.jpg

SEL Fitment onto case..pretty good..no gaping gaps.. :p

p1050662s.jpg

p1050660t.jpg

Noob DW..centered..

p1050663m.jpg

Instead of the WM pearl, I applied my own pearl mod...came to me like a lightbulb whilst affixing the insert..

p1050672tu.jpg

p1050664g.jpg

Though it's not yet perfect, I can readily do this mod very easily and I will..

CGs and Crown

p1050667y.jpg

p1050668s.jpg

Height of Crystal

p1050669w.jpg

This also shows the slightly recessed bezel insert after modding..

Noob rehaut, after removal of engraving

p1050671x.jpg

I am currently looking for a better coronet on the sub clasp (now mounted on a GMT/Explorer Clasp) and also a BK TW 16610 Insert..

If any of you guys have a spare, please PM me..

Hope you enjoy this little pictorial review.. :cool:

And of course, if you have deeper pockets, go with the BK TW 16610 or the wm9 v4 (if it is ever released in numbers).. :D

Do gen inserts fit the noob subs?

They do not fit straight up unless the bezel has been redesigned. The gen insert (or one from a parts house) has to be milled down just a little. There are several totorials on this forum that explains the process. Not sure I would use a gen insert for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Received my TW clasp and insert earlier this week and on they went onto my noob sub..

Shaved the TW insert slightly for good crystal height, slightly recessed 'look' and a nice snap-on fit..no glue required :D

p1050736v.jpg

BK-modded pearl is totally sick..

p1050742u.jpg

Shaped the crown slightly to give it a more 'gen' look

p1050737.jpg

The TW Clasp (Thanks G!)

p1050738h.jpg

Good looking coronet and engravings

p1050739ik.jpg

Correct 93250 Hollow Mid-link 'Noob' bracelet

p1050741h.jpg

And fully assembled..for now.. :whistle:

p1050735x.jpg

Mods to do:

1. BK DWO

2. Transplanting of high-beat (28,800bps) 21J movement.