When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rolex deep sea dweller arrived

alifizan

well heres my new lovely deep sea dweller,ive had it now nigh on three days and i would have posted this earlier but ive been incredibly busy with stuff so im doing it now, guys please please humour me over the pictures ive taken, i used a galaxy s2 to take them and apart from the phone being awesome the camera sucks, and i dont have a dedicated digital camera yet. ok so this is my second official rep that ive bought from old trevor, the first was my ceramic sub back in october last year and i really really like that watch apart from obviously the horrible solid end links but what can i say. so id been thinking about buying a sea dweller even before i made my sub purchase but i wanted to hold out a bit longer because word was that one of the factories was bringing out a new deep sea but just like life and my future wife to be im still waiting for it lol, so basicy id given up waiting and i chose this trevor v6 mainly becuase i like the nice hour markers and the dial, every time i glance at the dial i realy feel satisfied lol, now on the trevor description it said that the dial was semi gloss and to be honest ive noticed when i shine the watch under a bright light the dial has a wonderful matt look to it but at other times it seems glossy especially on the bevelled date window but thats probably down to the angle of light and reflection and what not. i ordered the watch on the 4th last week and i recieved it on the 10th via ems and parcel force who deliver to the door here in the uk,i was bloody pleased with the swiftness of how long it took from being in trevors mitts and on to my wrist, i thought it would take at least 10 days. ok so i took the watch out and as usual it was wrapped in a billion layers of bubble plastic and i had to hack at it with my mums kitchen knife and then eventually get at the last layer with my teeth lol,im very impatient lol,so i finally unwrap the beast and then take off all the bloody blue tape and the rest of the plastic protecting the bracelet and i straight away adjusted by carefully taking a link out on either side of the bracelet, so basicly its 4 links on iether side which is the way i like the bracelt,gives it a nice symetrical look and really shows the nice tapered shape of the bracelt though ive had to wear it with the extension fully out not the actual divers extension but the bit that you can adjust,ok im mumbling now lol.

so slipped this beast on my wrist and for the first couple of hours i coudnt get over the weight of this thing, i weighed it in my mumsys kitchen scales and it came up at just over 200 grams even with the links removed, by the end of the night i was used to the weightand now i barely feel it,i will say i wasnt too self conciense about the size of the watch it seems perfect for my wrists and looks even smalles after ive been pumping the old weights lol, not that im a massive guys,im 6ft1 and 220 pounds lol so ive been wearing this thing for a few days now and quite frankly i cant keep my eyes off her lol,i love the way it feels and sits on my wrist this watch stays in place and sits on my wrist far better than my sub, i can flex my wrist, lift the heavy garage door, wash the dishes, anything strenous and the thing does not move an inch out of position and hell i dont even wear it tightly, i can just about get one pinky under the braclet and it it sits perfectly just above my wrist bone. ok now some negative points lol, i hate the bezel insert on this watch, the numbering and markers on it have no depth and feel almost like theyve been printed on, the insert on my trevor sub is much better with the engraved markings, when i got the watch that very nearly became a deal breaker for me and the secong thing the pearl on it is just so fake looking, its domed and everything but its got this matt white colour on it, apart from those two points i coudnt be happier with this rep, at the end of the day i got this watch as a base for some modifications which i intend to get done by pbdad, and then ill be satisfied with it,like i said i consider this just a good base watch on which to build further a good foundation if you will lol. i love the way the bezel turns, now ive turned the bezel on the gen one and to me its absolutely identical in sound,feel and amount of pressure that needs to be appkied to turn it,oh and the glass seems to be a bit too domed for my liking, when i tried on the gen i cant remember wether it was that domed, but i suppose i could get a replacement crystal on it

the only thing ive done to this myself so far is to take the bracelet off and give it a proper satin finish and brushed finishing whic took me most of the day and to my eyes it looks bloody gen and theres a bueatiful silvery shine to it especially when im outside and the sun shines on it, yesterday it was glinting so much even my dead pan lifless neighbour looked round to see what was glinting at his eyes lol, that the most life ive ever seen in the guy lol guys this is just a quick thing im doing, im gonna write some over the coming days and hopefully take some decent pictures, and guys please be honest about this watch. lastly i wanna add that as always trevor was splendid and an awesome dealer, the guy is super polite and with his trademark thank you at the end of every email hes just a hoot to deal with, hell if this guy was selling cars and houses id go to him, a very genuine and trust worthy guy, this guy actaully sent me qc pictures and when i looked at them and noticed nothing wrong with them he turns around and says the watch isnt perfect hold on another day while i find you a perfect one, thats how honest this guy is, well enough said about trevor boy

IMG_20120411_192929.jpg

IMG_20120411_192819.jpg

IMG_20120411_192558.jpg

IMG_20120411_205342.jpg

IMG_20120415_033400.jpg

IMG_20120415_033425.jpg

IMG_20120411_192950.jpg

IMG_20120413_183353.jpg

IMG_20120412_203813.jpg

IMG_20120412_203458.jpg

IMG_20120411_131139.jpg

IMG_20120415_033846.jpg

IMG_20120415_033818.jpg

IMG_20120415_033721.jpg

IMG_20120415_033640.jpg

IMG_20120415_033621.jpg

IMG_20120415_033558.jpg

IMG_20120415_033538.jpg

IMG_20120415_033514.jpg

IMG_20120415_033451.jpg

IMG_20120415_033425.jpg

IMG_20120415_033400.jpg

• Like 1

N-Factory markers are too fat yes. But this Trevor model is slightly too thin! It is better in my opinion to be thin than too puffy.

When BK created his custom Submariner dial he acknowledged this and made the hour markers beautifully thin.

By the way, this dial/model has been available for three years ;) N-Factory simply refuses to admit their mistake.

Jkay, yes, that's what stops me from buying any Rollies with Maxi Dial so far. It is so simple that the puffy thick rimmed markers is a straight tell in seconds as compared to other less obvious flaws, though no one seems ever care about this major flaw :huh:

Only if bk can make this proper Maxi Dial with the correct lume for the Noob DSSD, we will have the almost perfect piece.........

When someone pays a lot of money for something, they convince themselves that it is the best. Even if that is not really true.

The N-Factory watch has faults and so does the Trevor watch. People who tell you one is vastly better than the other one are delusional.

You know I have posted this 50 times ..

Case Back

Noob - wrong

Trevor - right

Insert

Noob - wrong

Trevor - wrong

HeV

Noob - right

Trevor - wrong

Dial

Noob - wrong

Trevor - wrong but closer to gen and better looking

Bracelet - be careful to look at the safety clasp during QC to make sure it closes all the way on both watches

Noob - good

Trevor - good

My apologies jkay,I must seem soo ignorant,I needed this,I understand it better now,I never knew the differences,I thought it was just a difference in dial and hv, but you know what I still love my Trevor time, thanks for clearing that up for me, I must be the worst noob you've come across lol, I'm still learning new stuff everyday:)

When someone pays a lot of money for something, they convince themselves that it is the best. Even if that is not really true.

The N-Factory watch has faults and so does the Trevor watch. People who tell you one is vastly better than the other one are delusional.

You know I have posted this 50 times ..

Case Back

Noob - wrong

Trevor - right

Insert

Noob - wrong

Trevor - wrong

HeV

Noob - right

Trevor - wrong

Dial

Noob - wrong

Trevor - wrong but closer to gen and better looking

Bracelet - be careful to look at the safety clasp during QC to make sure it closes all the way on both watches

Noob - good

Trevor - good

Very good comparison as I'm in the market for a new DSSD. I know that BK's offering is supposed to be the best one out there now, but is it truly the best bang for the buck?

I have also heard that Mary over at Watch International is supposed to have a decent DSSD, but not sure if it's any different than Noob or Trevors you have pointed out here?

Anyone have more info on this?

GreenHornet's iPad 2 via TapaTalk HD

My best understanding is that bk is offering the N-factory DSSD with his own mods....gasket, datewheel etc.

It now sounds like the MORE proper DSSD is a Franken built of Trevor + N-factory.......only if the parts are interchangable between the two.

I have also heard that Mary over at Watch International is supposed to have a decent DSSD, but not sure if it's any different than Noob or Trevors you have pointed out here?

Anyone have more info on this?

There are only two factories making a high quality DSSD. The N-Factory and the factory with no name, which Trevor and a couple other dealers can source.

That's it ... two kinds. Choose which one looks better to you personally, and then choose what kind of movement you want in the watch .. easy.