When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

case side profile 16610T comp

Eiderdaus

hi,

buddy rsh asked me regarding case side profile of gen 16610T.

here you have 4 of my subs

from left to right:

wm9 v1, Sean, TC v4 ?, gen.

dsc00583hp.jpg

from bottom to top

wm9 v1, Sean, TC v4 ?, gen.

dsc00584eh.jpg

dsc00585b.jpg

TC on bottom gen on top

dsc00586g.jpg

question was if the side profile of the lugs of a wm9v3 is more beefier than a TC and what should be correct.

My opinion is that the wm9v1 and the v3 (owned that for a while) have the side profiles more beefy, thats what i always see at the noobs (looks like hanging shoulders). that sean and the TC got it nearly spot on.

Hi Eiderdaus,

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think the Sean case is better than the TC case? I am asking mainly about the mid case only. The bevels on the Sean case that I bought were very strange and did not look good at all. There was too much material removed. In the end, that is why I went with the TC case. Your impressions and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

Sure Frank,

here you go

Gen:

dsc00588gx.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-21

Sean:

dsc00589s.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-21

TC:

dsc00590lh.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-21

WM9 v1:

dsc00591ob.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-21

another WM9 v1 LV (PT Supreme)

dsc00592nq.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-21

another WM9 v1 (TW)

dsc00593jn.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-21

hope this will help frank, i can send you others if you tell me the details you want. Only the sean got the crown position right and i don´t use a gen 3135 or sa3135 in it. It is working with a 2824-H4.

cheers

Edited by Eiderdaus

Hi Eiderdaus,

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think the Sean case is better than the TC case? I am asking mainly about the mid case only. The bevels on the Sean case that I bought were very strange and did not look good at all. There was too much material removed. In the end, that is why I went with the TC case. Your impressions and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

i know what you mean buddy, and it was bugging me as well at the first instance...was discussing this a long time. but looking at the gen, the sides are higher polished towards the top of the lugs (sorry, i cannot really explain, no native speaker). on the sean they were a little overmotivated to get it right, and on my case the right lower lug is over polished but the other 3 look really good, in comparism to the TC they have only the side profile polished but not the edges (i can hardly explain what I mean but I guess as you wrote it you might know which part i mean). holding the gen in a certain angle you will see the polished bevel.

and on the sean case the ends of the lugs are worked better and straigther. one tiny difference are the cgs, they are excellent on both (not as on all wm9 versions, imho all wrong because they are too long, and most ppl do only shave the inner cgs), but the sean is to me a tiny bit better on the cgs. the crown position on my TC is a bit too low, but its not housing a sa 3135, but my sean does not either but the crown postion is correct.

Thanks for the quick reply. I know exactly what you are talking about. My Sean case has the same over polished lower right lug as yours. I tried to even it out but there is just too much material taken away. It must be the way the cases are set and polished. All of your subs look very nice by the way. Thanks again!!!

Hi Eiderdaus,

this the exact same problem i had with the sean case......

Sure Frank,

here you go

Gen:

Shot at 2012-04-21

Sean:

Shot at 2012-04-21

TC:

Shot at 2012-04-21

WM9 v1:

Shot at 2012-04-21

another WM9 v1 LV (PT Supreme)

Shot at 2012-04-21

another WM9 v1 (TW)

Shot at 2012-04-21

hope this will help frank, i can send you others if you tell me the details you want. Only the sean got the crown position right and i don´t use a gen 3135 or sa3135 in it. It is working with a 2824-H4.

cheers

:notworthy:

thanks a lot !

Hi eiderdaus thanks for the great thread :)

just looking at your crown comparisons and to me it looks like the tc crown height is way off,

I thought it was correct like in tcs thread,

could you take pics on a flat surface with crown against crown ?

That Woukd help a lot to see the height more accurately. thanks in advance buddy :)

Ry

just looking at your crown comparisons and to me it looks like the tc crown height is way off,

Ry

That is probalby the reason why some members report a 2836 movement will also fit the TC case with no problems.

could you take pics on a flat surface with crown against crown ?

That Woukd help a lot to see the height more accurately. thanks in advance buddy :)

Ry

Gen

dsc00614y.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-22

Sean

dsc00615p.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-22

TC

dsc00618y.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-22

Wm9 v1

dsc00619tz.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-22

you need to do pics side by side, on a flat surface,with crowns facing each other to see the crown heights of all the versions next the the gen in each pic..... is your TC sub a V series?

no need side by side...its obvious. Its a V series, the gen and the TC ;)

Edited by Eiderdaus

Do you know gen sub has different profile in each different series? Bazel heights are different as well.

M and D series have the most beefy lugs, K and Y have the thicker bezel yet shallower bezel teeth, and finally the V and the random initial series has the most current bezel height an proper depth bezel teeth. The gen V is the only one carries the golden proportion among all it's brothers and sisters.

Elderaus sorry to side track from you're op but out of curiosity, may sound like a stupid question,how do each sub compare to the feel of the gen, do the Reps feel like the gen when handled?

its a great difference handling a sean or tc or wm9 in comparism to a noob. but the gen 16610 doesn´t feel high pricey or extrem quality wise either in comparism to a patek or a VC.

what is the major difference on the 16610: the quality of the bracelet, the finish of the satin brush, the white lustre (you can tell me what you want, only with oiling and washing you will not get the exact shine, and treating a bracelet with scotch bride is pure brushing and not satin finishing, this is quite obvious when light is shining on the bracelet).( I am using white toothpaste, automobile hardwax and wd-40 spray, sometimes i brush the bracelet, then polish a bit but i never get the satin finish, tried it with buffing wheels in red and green....

the clasp on the Sean is very lousy ( it is not tight assembled ), the TC V2 SEL are totally off, funny is, from distance they look like recessed but they aren´t as they should be, but the clasp is excellent, very tight, but on my bracelet, the links have so much stretch as it would have been worn for 20 years.....very strange, but very nice cleaned.

I cannot tell what it really is, but to me a gen 16610 looks more bright than any of the reps. you can´t catch it on a picture, but i guess its the special treatment of the steal.

But, i would not be able to spot a sean or a tc from 1m distance if they have a good bracelet attached in normal lightning.

Edited by Eiderdaus

I cannot tell what it really is, but to me a gen 16610 looks more bright than any of the reps. you can´t catch it on a picture, but i guess its the special treatment of the steal.

That's because the steel, 904L has more nickel than 316L so if you touch the case the feeling is more like a silk than a steel...

But my 2 cents ;)

That's because the steel, 904L has more nickel than 316L so if you touch the case the feeling is more like a silk than a steel...

But my 2 cents ;)

nope, 904 is only regarding the corrosion resistancy...we had this topic a few times with ppl that are in steal business and physics. It is the treatment of the steel. 904 steel doesn´t feel different than 316 on the surface, thats just the treatment.

recall if you touch the case side profile...its polished and rep and gen feel the same. its only about the brushed bracelet.

on a gen bracelet with polished midlinks, as on my 116234 DJ, the bracelet feels totally different as on my wm9 yachti but this is on the one hand due to the poor treatment of the steel and on the others due to the lousy craftmanship to quality.

my 2 cents

Edited by Eiderdaus