When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

US to EU Shipping Advice

vlydog

Where in EU mate.....

If its UK ..... I always found costume Jewellery with a value of $50 or less....worked for me...

But if its Germany, Italy .... you could have a higher risk...

Followed by Sweden, NL,

IME anyway

Edited by PeteM

"Repaird crown/tube, return to owner" very important to write "return to owner"

Cheers ;)

In UK Return to owner means nothing to Customs.... you still get charged full value stated...

UK Customs attract 2 levels of duty... Customs duty and Tax Duty.... If you state 'gift' it still gets charged at full value.... same as if you say 'Returns'...'Exchange' etc

Its all about value..... Keep it under $50

UK Parcelforce and Royal mail.... will charge £13.50 admin charge on top of the 20% Tax duty and approx 5% Customs Duty

• 1 month later...

ive never had problems between uk and us, i always declare the parcel as "bracelet/strap parts, ebay purchase"...worked for me fine in the past :) it is indeed a good idea to send to a uk contact first, then onto an eu country as uk has free trade or whatever its known as within eu

yea always under $50, although i recently recieved a package from ofrei, declared at $147 and didnt get hit with any customs charges etc...it just arrived it the mail from standard signed for airmail...