When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage DWOs

FxrAndy

I've had these files sitting on my pc for ages. Not sure, but I think they came from this forum to start with.

4V8gQl.jpg

Click for a larger image.

The 10 could do with a bit of touching up, but the other numbers look pretty good to me.

Here's a pdf as well, the forum uploader wasn't working for me for some reason: http://www.filedropper.com/12699079061

Edited by horzs

I would be in to buy a few of these as long as the print quality is good. I've got some silver and white dwos from mansion house and cubic works. Some have open 6 and 9, but no flat top threes. The 7's are wrong for anything with closed 6 and 9, although the quality is very good.

These are to be used with eta based movements, not sure how they fit on others. Gonna have them test fitted for alignment and will report back with a qc update.

This is my homemade date wheel. It is set up for ETA and DG movements. It might need a number or two adjusted some, as whenever I adjust the size it is sometimes a tad off.

Using my photo program I literally 'plucked' the numbers from a genuine datewheel picking the number like when you crop a picture, then copy and paste it on a picture of a date wheel, turning the number as needed left or right.

1.jpg

Thanks !!!! :) Here is one of the DWO base I made. My sunburst effect is really perfect compared to gen. Even if you don't really see the brushing on the pics, it is a very neat effect, really !!!! Only, I never found a metal that has the same shade as the one used by Rolex... So my plate is way too grey compared to the gen. That's why I never bothered going to the next and final step of the printing.... I'm waiting to find THE color.

post-43268-0-02062500-1347272137_thumb.j

post-43268-0-95711000-1347272169_thumb.j

Thanks !!!! :) Here is one of the DWO base I made. My sunburst effect is really perfect compared to gen. Even if you don't really see the brushing on the pics, it is a very neat effect, really !!!! Only, I never found a metal that has the same shade as the one used by Rolex... So my plate is way too grey compared to the gen. That's why I never bothered going to the next and final step of the printing.... I'm waiting to find THE color.

Will aluminum work?

I never tried aluminum because it's too weak to make an ultra slim overlay. But that might be the right color! So maybe could a thin sheet be laminated to a plastic, then engine turned.... I'll have to try that. As for the ETA friendly, I could invert the numbers.... That means redo the whole thing! Someday perhaps.

Go ahead if you want, but I'll do it anyways.... It's just that I don't have much time for this right now.... If you intend to simply rotate the numbers on photoshop you will loose the super sharp edges I strived to redesign and end up with a blurry printout. This was done on autocad, that's why it's so clear. Just wait a week or two, and I'll post an ETA version.