When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

carrera chrono comparison

colinmgzt

Recieved the Black version from PT yesterday, and in my opinion this has got to be equl or better than the

Steelfish and chronomat evo with regards to accuracy.

Size is spot on, although, strangely, sometimes the rep looks bigger, and other times the gen.!

I dont have scales, but the weight seems identical.

Bracelet is class, there is a small difference in the spacing between the centre links otherwise perfect

including clasp and quality of engraving.

case, horns, pushers and crown are all identical

The only flaws I can see are , movement, 7750 hi-beat, rotors are the same, but on the gen the bridges are machined with

same herring bone pattern, the reps are plain. Date font, very good on this one ( PT says this is a revised version) Gens is slightly larger and more bold

but the rep is loads better than some I have seen pictured.

The main difference is the 6 and 12 sub dial chapter rings,they are wider than on the gen, initially I thoght it was because of the silver on black

making them look larger but they are larger .sub dials also have the LP effect as per the gen

This is a cracking piece, right up there with the best of them.

Enjoy the pics

210848-16731.jpg

210848-16732.jpg

210848-16733.jpg

210848-16734.jpg

210848-16735.jpg

210848-16736.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work! :) I have been waiting for someone to make a side by side comparison of the Carrera Chrono.

Luckily, the date can easily be changed by switching to an eta- date wheel.

Strange about the sub dial chapter rings... It is one of those flaws you don't notice at first, but after you discover it, it seems like a glaring flaw.

I share all your words and i add just one point: in the black faced dial carrera automatic, carrera logo and 9-o-clock dial's nicks are not very bright and readable.

Still a great replica, i love it at least as much as my Link chrono.

colin, so even the 9 oclock seconds is silver, not white, in some pics it looks like one and then the ohter

the 9 dial is also silver, havent seen pics of silver rep so cant comment atm

its like a brushed s/s finish so looks different dependant on the light and viewing angle

211439-16578.jpg

211439-16579.jpg

Nice work! :) I have been waiting for someone to make a side by side comparison of the Carrera Chrono.

Luckily, the date can easily be changed by switching to an eta- date wheel.

Strange about the sub dial chapter rings... It is one of those flaws you don't notice at first, but after you discover it, it seems like a glaring flaw.

Yes, but where to get ETA date wheel ? I tried on bay, at Ofrei, but no luck :wounded1: So I ended up ordering swiss 7750, still waiting for it to arrive :whistling:

bye,

Ivan

Yes, but where to get ETA date wheel ? I tried on bay, at Ofrei, but no luck :wounded1: So I ended up ordering swiss 7750, still waiting for it to arrive :whistling:

bye,

Ivan

Check out This post! to get the details on how to order the date wheels. The part name is "Valjoux 7750 - 2557/1 - Date Ring".

I have ordered 5-off ETA 7750 date wheels.. To have for my Breitling CA, the Carrera and some future projects. :)

Check out This post! to get the details on how to order the date wheels. The part name is "Valjoux 7750 - 2557/1 - Date Ring".

I have ordered 5-off ETA 7750 date wheels.. To have for my Breitling CA, the Carrera and some future projects. :)

Great, thanks @chrgod. I ordered two - to have for my future TAGs :whistling:

bye

Is that not the wrong date wheel? It says 7750, but that looks like a 7753 datewheel, the numbers are facing the wrong way?

Its the wrong picture they've put up there on the watchpart website - mine's just arrived and its the right one.

So, how easy is this date wheel to replace? - is it something I can do myself? Anyone got an idiot's guide?

(I'm semi-joking, but I'm prepared to give it a go if the risks are minimal).

Cheers

T

• 4 weeks later...

I have the racing version on rubber and im looking to get the all black faced version

Something is bugging me though, the 6 and 12 sub dial chapter rings seem far too fat compared to gen??!

What do you guys think? shame, its putting me off buying this <_<

The pics are great, and the watch itslef looks very sharp and classy..Defintely a crono for dressy occassions. WOuld make a good companion to the already great Link crono since that model leans more towards a sporty look