When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My experience of the Breitling Blackbird

Pix

Hi Folks,

I've been owning this beauty for about a week now, so even if I have not really cooled down, I wished to share my feelings on it for the week-end :)

I won't go into a a rep/gen comparison, as honestly, Andreww has done this in a perfect and extremely professional way, much better than what I would ever be able to do. I don't have enough Breitling knowledge nor I own a gen ^_^

Click here for Andreww's thread

If I would be asked to make it short, I would say that this replication is a real success, but there are 3 visible flaws (I'm exluding the movement) :

- wider datewindow size on the rep

- off-center pearl, although the recent batches were improved (not perfect yet)

- the bezel is slightly misaligned (at least on mine)

Before sharing my pictures, I will comment the Blackbird as a watch, as I think several members' experiences will help those who hesitate (St

Thanks Pix, i always appreciate a lot your being picky underlining all small flaws also those which most people wouldn't even notice. ;)

By the way, gorgeous watch, before pulling the trigger with the Slevin i was unsure between the Aquatimer and the BB.

Thank you very much for your reviews Pix.

It's a great help for other members and a pleasure to read.

If you continue to buy "most wanted" watches, you will become the reference for people like me who hesitate to go for a watch.

In this case, I think I'll wait a little bit and see if I trully fall in love with the BB.

Many thanks again,

Cheers

Stephane

Thank you very much for your reviews Pix.

It's a great help for other members and a pleasure to read.

If you continue to buy "most wanted" watches, you will become the reference for people like me who hesitate to go for a watch.

In this case, I think I'll wait a little bit and see if I trully fall in love with the BB.

Many thanks again,

Cheers

Stephane

May I help you...

img1342rv7.jpg

img1343cj4.jpg

img1346dy5.jpg

img1347sj8.jpg

img1350er7.jpg

img1352sy2.jpg

Here are the lume shots.

The hands, pearl and main markers are of a correct level.

The hours markers are a standard rep lume, i.e. pretty weak. The SFSO is far over the BB as far as lume is concerned.

lume1ty5.jpg

lume2go1.jpg

As you see also, the pearl is not immaculate. But this cannot be seen by naked eyes. The BCE pearl mod could become a must, if someone had a source.

For those who wonder, here is a rough size comparison with the SFSO. The BB looks bigger, wears about the same but actually is slightly smaller in size (diameter).

comparison1fv3.jpg

comparison2rm2.jpg

comparison3hw4.jpg

As you see, the finish of the inner side of the SFSO strap looks much much better. It is.

Thx, I've always liked the BCE as well, but not enough to get one. Maybe I was a bit disturbed by the subdials design and fonts. For me, the BB just wiped the small things which disturbed me. And once more "black is just beautiful"...