When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Repost from TRC: Aqua Terra review by OldeCrow

By-Tor

REPOST: OldeCrow's review of Omega Aqua Terra.

I wanted to repost them here as they contain valuable information. TRC has been a "invite only" board for a while, so the links in my Omega Guide are difficult to read for the new members. Thanks OldeCrow for this splendid review!

BEGIN REPOST OLDECROW'S ARTICLE:

===============================

Well if you've been keeping track of my Rep purchases I've been keeping a running post in dealer reviews.

Now its time to spend some time talking about the watches!

First on the list is the one that took the longest and I wanted the most!

The Aqua Terra 2892 from Eddielee!

It was the second package shipped from him in a two watch order and it took too long to begin with and arrived broke so I had to send it back for another so I've been waiting a whole month to get this damn thing!!

The black pieces lying on the table are the remains of the hard plastic jewelry box that the watch shipped in.

The absence of any padding is a clue as to why I had to send the first one back.

This time the box somehow took all that damage and the watch was fine. Its' a fair trade, I prefer the box broke instead of the watch! :D

76508eb7.jpg

First impressions are the most important, I was ecstatic that it just arrived and was working! After a thorough case and bracelet cleaning/polishing I greased the case back gasket and crown tube gasket assembled and photographed.

hmm.. something isn't quite right here:

37e5199a.jpg

After opening up the case again and investigating the applied markers I discovered that they were really just laying there with basically nothing more holding them in place than the tension from a little watch oil. With the applied markers wiped off the rotor and a closer look for the missing letter which I could not find (I brushed out the case when I first opened it so its possible that I removed it then) I closed it back up again.

e0a2441b.jpg

It's running just a bit fast but I would be more worried if it was running slow.

Big thumbs up for these 2892 AquaTerras!

I don't know how people without WIS skills survive these half finished halfwit replicas without being able to finish them your selves but with the cleanup and finishwork out of the way its a very nice watch and worth the wait!

d96603e5.jpg

4c6cea2b.jpg

d027ab19.jpg

spec's

Size aprox 40.5mm from 2 to 8 oclock

20mm lugs

ETA 2892