When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Montbrillant L

MAHLER

Breitling Montbrillant Légende (Fixed)

[update 29/03/2010] Back home, after several months, the Breitling Montbrillant Légende that I reviewed here. The patients hands of my watchmaker, have corrected the known problem of DW (like Francisco Modding ) At the end, the result of a long waiting:

Regards.

Mahler [End of Update]

Yesterday I've received my new toy. I say thanks to Precious Time for the offered service, it's always a pleasure to acquire from PT.

bml1gs0.jpg

The rep in issue reproduces the model Montbrillant Légende of the Breitling called "Silver" Dial. The gen has been defined the “largest one” of the Navitimer family with the impressive size of 47mm against the standard 42mm.

bml2fn3.jpg

The beautiful cleaned dial, in spite of the numerous numbers indications, and retrò design is inspired to the old typical models of aviation of 1950 years, in fact also the

hands gold plated is back at wartime.

bml3pz8.jpg

Exceptional dimensions of a rep are not accompanied to an resonable weight, if observe better the weight of rep Chronomat Evo is heavier, the approximate difference between the two models is of 20 grams, reduce the bracelet of the Evo of two link and of four link the the bracelet of BML.

bml4gk2.jpg

Size are almost the same ones:

Diameter: 47mm Genuine/47mm Replica

Thickness: 15mm Genuine/15,7 Replica

Weight: 224,40 grams Genuine/226,37 grams Replica (Nb. The link on the BML are numerous for me is a good news for great wrists)

bml11fk0.jpg

On the movement there is an minor error in the gen is not present the rapid change of datewheel. According to me the main defect of this rep is the distance of the datewindow from the written “CERTIFIE CHRONOMETRE”, in the gen this spacing is more than in rep.

bml22sn5.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pics and the three video but are cloudy days and is practically impossible for me to obtain something of decent with the in-door lighting.

bml23ku1.jpg

The integrade bracelet to the wrist makes its beautiful figure and this design unusually seems elegant for a giant as the BML, for me is an equilibrium between last and modern taste.

Regards.

Mahler

Video - First part (9:08):

Video - Second Part (8:10):

Video - Third Part (8:49):

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the nice review. I really love that watch but the sunken DW keeps me off purchasing one. Unfortunately there are countless rep models which are truly nice in general but show the same issue. I cross my fingers that our asian friends will make a 7750 with better performance one day :notworthy:

• 5 months later...

Very nice post and very nice tuturial on how to make the watch perfect, specially the part with blue loctite on the bracelet. On many Breitlings the tightness of the screws is not perfect. And specially on some Legend models, the tubes in which the screws are screwd are a bit too short, making the screws fall out sooner than with other models. Learned this from having this model as well.

But I do feel the need to say something about the way you grease the rubber O-ring of the case back. And I am surprised why no one else says something about this. Imo you put way too much grease there. According to most watch smiths, only the rubber o ring itself needs to have a layer around it, very small layer of grease. To keep the contact with both case and back. No more, no less. putting it on the case will later also attract some dirt.

when putting to much grease on the o ring, or as done here in the youtube video, a lot of grease on the case itself, the chances grow to have that grease goes to the place where the movement sits. specially in extreme conditions, like heat and summer, the grease will become more fluid and will go along the metal parts to places where it should not be: the movement. It won't happen in a few days or weeks, but think of wearing for many months/years and warmth and movement of the wrist what it will do...

Just my 2 cents..