When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Link Chronograph 7750 Automatic Review

Maxim

Tiger-Woods-Link-318x360.jpg

Ever since I saw this advert in several magazines in journals after having coveted the much beloved Carrera, I wanted to get a Link Chrono. On the way coming back from a holiday last Summer I nearly pulled the trigger in a Duty Free shop, but resisted. After having found RWG and looked through tons and tons of articles on the different watches, I concluded that the time was right to get this watch. By-Tor's review was excellent, but I somehow felt more attracted to the black rather than the blue version.

I headed straight for PT and he delivered the watch in this review. His service may take a little longer than others, but the quality makes up for it. The choice of the Chronographs was vast, but I decided to go for the brushed bezel version as I preferred the Tachymeter just inside.

Replica Details

These are copied from TT's website

MOVEMENT: Asia Valjoux 7750 Automatic

CASE DIAMETER: 42mm

THICKNESS: 12mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial

CASE MATERIAL: Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Stainless Steel 316L

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Solid signed case back

BEZEL:

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Flip lock buckle

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position

My personal measurements gave the following, Thickness it measures up as 14mm from top to bottom, if you include the glass then 16mm. Width including crown is 45mm, dial size is 34mm, including bezel 40mm.

Gen Details - CJF2110.BA0576

Movement: Calibre 16. Automatic chronograph movement.

Water resistance: 200 m.

Crystal: Curved scratch resistant sapphire crystal.

Case: Cut from a block of solid Steel/ Shaped push-buttons.

Bezel: fixed with tachometer scale depending on the model.

Dial: tachometer scale on the [censored] depending on the model / facetted, hand-fitted stainless steel hour markers, luminescent hour markers and hands.

Crown: Screw in.

Bracelet: Steel.

img2660.jpg

img2663.jpg

img2648.jpg

First remarks, the watch is a marvel to look at. I am really glad that the date wheel font is different to the one in the early reviews, as it does make a difference. The date numbers appear centered, as expected by PT's QC. After wearing the Omega PO 45mm for quite a while, after taking this watch out of the packaging I was a bit surprised by how small it looked in comparisson. However after putting the watch on my hand, the difference was really clear. This watch has a great presence.

The running seconds at 9 were working, the watch didn't need anything doing to get it going. I am very impressed with 28k movement, it looks very smooth.

My favourite part of the watch is the center section with the electric lines quadrants, which reflect differently according to the source of light. Very impressive.

img2668q.jpg

img2655.jpg

The caseback has deep engravings, very similar to the Tag F1 Chrono gen I have. Shame that there do not exist any new version of the Link Chrono with the see through back, however this version is still very impressive none-the-less.

img2664.jpg

The buttons for the chrono have a brushed metal finish and the crown has the very distinct TH logo, complements the design of the watch well in my opinion.

img2665.jpg

img2657.jpg

img2666.jpg

img2669.jpg

The Link carries its distinctive bracelet, it is a marvel to look at with the brushed metal finish. The clasp feel solid, however the actual buckle feels a tad bit rough. The engraving on the TH could be a tad bit deeper and more evocative.

As for the wrist shot, with my recent purchase of Narikaa's MB Cufflinks,

img2671.jpg

And a couple of other photos,

img2719.jpg

With my fancy dress Chinese import and comparisson to the other reps I have. The PO is significantly larger, with the Noob being a tad smaller.

img2727.jpg

Few More Updates to Review

Comparisson to Rolexman's previous model review (Link to Review)

Compared to this photo from Rolexman's review,

7008-5506.jpg

The DW is extremely different and is not the same font at all. Definite improvement. With regards to the lume dots, they are not yellowish, I think it's just the hume of the photo.

The Chrono pushers, as here in Rolexman's are round

7008-5508.jpg

The ones on the newer model, are just as the gen,

link3.jpg

img2660.jpg

The case back is also different, with Rolexman's being oblong shaped whereas mine is more defined as in previous pictures

7008-5510.jpg

The newer model is definitely an improvement, and I would recommend it without a doubt. Some of the sellers still show pictures of the earlier models, make sure you request the newer one.

A couple of wrist shots,

img5437.jpg

img5438t.jpg

Overall, very impressive watch, however the lack of good AR lets the watch down a bit. Definitely something for the future.

Great work.

I have sold my Link long time ago, and I almost bought this "brushed bezel" version about a year ago from a fellow member. I also think this is the nicer version, although not quite as accurate as the "polished" one. Still very good rep though.

Yeah I would definitely AR it, although the gen isn't AR'd, either. The reflective dial was pretty much the only reason I traded mine. Beautiful watch, and the bracelet is amazing.

Thanks for sharing this review. I added it to the TAG Guide.

Just to follow on from the review, I've been looking at the photos. The running seconds in some images appears to be oversized, such as this,

tag2g.jpg

However, in the Tiger Woods adverts, they appear equsizeable.

tag1.jpg

Does that simply infer that the older model (with no see through back) had the subdials the same size?

Nice review!

The one with the larger seconds dial is the newer version. This comes with an open caseback, different clasp and double AR. It was introduced late 2008, or early 2009. Eitherway, it's the latest edition of the Link Chrono. The one in your review and the Tiger Woods picture is it's predecessor.

The newest model of Link Chrono is indeed amazing. The gen I mean... with open caseback and 2xAR. It's very high on my list when I'm considering my next gen. It's a stunner and I suggest everyone who aren't TAG fans, to go and check out that watch... highly impressive quality and finish.

Scoobs bought bought one. HERE are the pics.

• 1 month later...
Does only PT's version have the fixed date font? what do you guys think about buying this watch from www.theonewatch.com ?

I strongly recommend you to stay with the trusted dealer, that could save you money and some frustrations. :)

regarding the date font, I suggest you email the dealer for confirmation before placing your order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is this basically flawless? Because it looks like the font has been corrected (I got this incorrect font point from the guide thats been updated in 2007 lol), and the slightly mis-aligned datewheel?

What about the non-brushed one, does that have the correct font as well?

Edited by ratpatrolteam01

• 3 weeks later...