When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PO Correct Sub Dials

lanikai

Omega PO Chrono.. Correct Sub Dials

Before you do anything else.. check and make sure the spring bars are secure.. weather it be the rubber strap or ss bracelet.. in some of the pics below notice how the rubber strap has a slight space to the lug.. the spring bar was not secure.. and the watch popped of my wrist while I was strapping it on.

Just a few thoughts regarding this rep..with the newly introduced A7750 modded to alloow the correct sub spacing

you'll have to live with the adding depth to the Date Window due to the added mods .. if you can get past that and the Omega logo that wtill has it's "happy feet" this is quite an accomplishment towards giving the rep community a more correct chrono as compared to the genuine..

Note that the rotor is very noisey .. if you put it up to your ear.. like only we will do to ascertain it's noise.. but no one else should notice..

Only time will tell with the crown as it was sop to swap the crowns in all the Semasters previously .. the threading does feel like they have redone the tube.. it does not feel poorly threaded as the other models have.

it will need at some point ans time a trip to Cali to chiefs AR service.. the Ar on the rep is good .. close to the genuine but a little too much of a tinted look in the light

I have been running it for 24 hours now and so far it has been keeping the exact time to what it was set with..

pochronomacros005x.jpg

pochronomacros004.jpg

pochronomacros009.jpg

pochronomacros012.jpg

pochronomacros013.jpg

pochronomacros015.jpg

This is a pic of the genuine crystal on the left white dial.. and chiefs crystal on the right .. Pumpkin..

rep crystal is in the pic above,.. all crystals are recieving full straight on lighting..the rep, the genuine, and Chiefs

csc0019.jpg

The feel is more comfortable with the rubber straps.. the ss bracelet is very heavy .. the strap also gives an illusion of a smaller case set.. but I like the bracelet.. B) .. for now..

I believe a burnt orange gator from hktan is in order !!

Other than that.... if you are thinking of a chrono watch.. now is the time and this is .. I am sure only the first of many if this modded A7750 is sucessful

pochronomacros016.jpg

pochronomacros027.jpg

pochronomacros006.jpg

pochronomacros022.jpg

pochronomacros025.jpg

The bracelet .. I prefer it for now.. but the rubber strap fits perfectly at the lugs and does allow the appearance to seem a little smaller on the wrist.. and of course is lighter .. btw.. the bracelet is a bear to attach.. so if you have it on at first think hard about swapping it..

pochronomacros001.jpg

This is a Chief AR.. same time of day and lighting as the pic of the rep above and it has the rep bezel insert but an after market pearl that is OEM specs

poandsmpchrono001k.jpg

pochronomacros003.jpg

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

• Like 1

Wow....holy hell that's a nice freakin' watch... I'm in the market for a chrono...this may be it!!!! Thanks Lani!!! :clap:

Thanks shundi !!.. you make me feel good about ma work !! :) .. only thing to be aware of is of course.. because of the added mods on the movement the D. window is a little sunken... we'll see how the movement goes... this may be a grail mod for future reps.. but of course the friggin DW.. but it beats a lousy non working or incorrect subs...

btw.. the dial is spot on !!

Arrghh...those pics are making it harder to resist.

it is futile to resist.. It is your calling... :starwars:

plus the dial is superb !! and just the right size.. B)

the lume is great.. but it needs time out of the box to charge..

Thank you all!!

I will charge the lume and take shots today .. it looks good but needs time out of the box to hold it's charge..

the Ar is much improved over the previous models..I'll take outdoor shots later today

Bezel is smooth and tight ..again to me ss bracelet looks like the way to go .. although the black and orange bezel do contrast nicely..

Is this going to be the same as in the Raffle? :)

Yes, this is the one.. and the winner will choose dial/bezel and choice of strap .. waiting for format for picking the winner B)

thank you again all !!

the movemennt has addded bridges.. the key for us is is it durable ? and "improved" over the seconds @6 timebombs.. :rolleyes:

this looks like huge improvement over previous iterations even of the 3 hand UPO. Not that the quality was bad, but wow, this looks awesome. Any indication as to how the threads on the crown will behave?

As you surmised .. the crown .... it was sop for us to automatically swap the crown and tube on all the past Omegas Seamaster's .. this particular crown tube combo does not "feel" like it's previous relatives.. when screwing it on and off, much better threading :)

I wanted to spend more time with it today before attempting a summary.. also I don't know what materials were used for the added bridges on the movement.. maybe graphite.. it is very light considering the added mods to the A7750 ..

I will post more pics later today

the dial lume is very clean on this one though .. and the lume colour matches the genuine pretty much spot on..

Incorrect Omega logo feet drives me bonkers!!! his would look to be a home run (minus the sunken date) compared with the UPO. Arrrrrgh why does it always have to be the tinyiest thing so far off directly in the field of vision!!!

Thanks though Lani can't wait to see some more glamour shots

Incorrect Omega logo feet drives me bonkers!!! his would look to be a home run (minus the sunken date) compared with the UPO. Arrrrrgh why does it always have to be the tinyiest thing so far off directly in the field of vision!!!

Thanks though Lani can't wait to see some more glamour shots

ahh Tanya.. the logo's so tiny .. whose going to see it.. :rolleyes:

(I say this as I have 2 franken PO's with genuine dials...) :D

Lani Bro

I too have a genified UPO with Gen dial. the answer is we will see it!! I'd buy one today with the correct logo. Awesome watch though!!! Maybe my next Franken

Lani Bro

I too have a genified UPO with Gen dial. the answer is we will see it!! I'd buy one today with the correct logo. Awesome watch though!!! Maybe my next Franken

Before they started replicating reps with genuine as samples ... take a look at the Omega Logo in the pic (lower botom right) was the Omega logo that was and still is printed on the literature what the makers used to replicate the logo on the dial ?? If it was they may have sourced it out to one of their many sources for small detailed parts.. the rotor they are using is the same as 2 or 3 years ago..

so my "guess" and it is only a "guess" is that they may have produced hundreds if not more of the logo with "feet".. as they do to cut cost, by ordering in " massive bulk.. so to correct this now.. well, they may have choosen to use their surplus .. my earlier guess would be the "copy right" theory.. but that is probably false.. regardless, I think we will be stuck with the "happy feet" for a long time to come.. dissapointing but I rather have the correct sub spacing if given the lesser of 2 evils..

pochronomacros016.jpg

Lanikai, that piece is sweeeeet.

Thanks for sharing yours pics, it have been just some days, but it was a long wait to see this new PO on a fellows rep lover hands.

Now, I have to wait for the 42 mm version, but at least there is hope :)

Congrats and enjoy it