When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronograph Day-Date (2008)

morlock

ReviewPatch.gif

This week I received from Andrew the TAG Heuer Carrera Chrono Day-Date Model 2008, this watch has not been reviewed before so I worked on it, I hope you enjoy it.

This version has been arround for a short time, at least at Andrew's site was added on November 2008. This rep is build using a 41 mm case so I think the size discrepancy with the gen (43 mm) avoid it to become a popular rep as fast as other reps.

So if you are one of those hardcore Rep Geek (sometimes I do so :rolleyes: ), who could not live with a 2 mm flaw, stop reading now. But I must warn you, you are going to miss a lot of photos from a really good looker watch.

Thanks to our fellow DonGato for let me use his TAg for this review.

The Gen

Brief History:

The Carrera chronograph was introduced in 1964, designed by Jack Heuer, great-grandson of Edouard Heuer who founded the company bearing his name in 1860. Heuer launched the first Carrera in tribute to the

• Like 4

Dude!! NICE write up. Great photos and a lot of time and effort put into this one. An awesome addition to the Tag Body of Knowledge. This is a good one. Some people like the less cluttered earlier models...but I think this one looks great for a modern watch!

Great stuff and thanks for the writeup.

Great review, but is it just me or the white rings in the subdials on the rep bigger than on the gen?

Maxim, I think it is a visual effect, I compare it with the gen at the AD's shop window and it look on spot. I guess the problem is the photo angle, due the subdials are depressed so it make it hard to compare and to capture on photos.

Fantastic write up, thanks very much! :)

Shame they still use those poor Asian day/date wheels, the font is all wrong....

Your are right. That is a fact of live, we have to learn to live with it, or just swap for a gen ETA date wheel.

It looks great on your wrist, mate! Nice choice. I may give Tag a chance -if I haven

How about you post a nice write up with pictures about your avatar now morlock? :lol:

Pal, that is without any doubt a much more pleasant assignment, even than write about watches.

Her name is Adabel Guerrero, she is an Argentinian dancer, and the most beautiful girl I have seen :Jumpy:

So in this case write more is a waste of time, go to her site HERE and enjoy, it's in Spanish but I am sure that will not be an obstacle. :D

PS. When I wrote this review, I never though I will be talking about her in this threat.

Pal, that is without any doubt a much more pleasant assignment, even than write about watches.

Her name is Adabel Guerro, she is an Argentinian dancer, and the most beautiful girl I have seen :Jumpy:

So in this case write more is a waste of time, go to her site HERE and enjoy, it's in Spanish but I am sure that will not be an obstacle. :D

PS. When I wrote this review, I never though I will be talking about her in this threat.

Great watch, sweet babe. For me they go hand in hand! B)

excellent review! Although the rubber strap looks a little bit stiff on the wrist shot.

Nop, as mater of fact the band is very soft. What you see in the pics is caused for how the strap is attached to the case, which is exactly the same as in the gen. I tried a gen Carrera at the AD, and the strap did the same.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but have recently joined wanting to know more about rep watches. I'm quite keen on ordering my first rep watch and really love the way this watch looks. Who would be the best dealer/trader to buy this watch through? I have read the survey thread and hontwatch seems to have pretty good feedback?